Leaf Pest Control has earned a QualityPro designation from the
National Pest Management Association.
This is the highest honor bestowed by the Association. It is the
mark of excellence which acknowledges Leaf's commitment to safety
and superior levels of service. Less than 2% of the Association's
members have attained this status.
What Are QualityPro Standards?
To receive the QualityPro accreditation, a pest control company
must meet rigorous qualifications built around four key areas: Business
Operation, Consumer Relation, Environmental; Stewardship and Technician
Training. Leaf met or exceeded all qualifications including:
- Conducting Criminal Background checks on all current and new
- Conducting employee Driver's Record and reference checks
- Maintaining a drug-free workplace
- Employing only highly trained, credentialed employees
- Ensuring on-going training and testing. Leaf exceeds this standard
with both formal classroom and on-the-job training
- Ensuring that technicians and sales staff pass QualityPro exams
- Maintaining an up-to-date insurance policy. Leaf exceeds this
standard with $2,000,000 in coverage
- Complying with QualityPro service vehicle standards
- Meeting QualityPro uniform and dress policies
- Maintaining an on-the-job safety policy
- Advertising truthfully and ethically
- Offering a clear, easily understood warranty and termite service
- Practicing environmentally responsible pest management
- Agreeing to random audits to ensure adherence to QualityPro
QualityPro certification means that Leaf is a company that
you can trust to take care of you family and home.
More information about Leaf Pest Control
Leaf has successfully satisfied thousands of both residential and commercial customers over the past 30 years. We know our business well, and take pride in our work.
Leaf’s treatment programs include:
- Termite Control
- Sentricon® Termite Colony Elimination Systems
- Advance® Termite Bait System
- Bed Bug Control
- Carpenter Ant Control
- Insect Control, including roaches, bees (all types), wasps,
hornets, bedbugs, fleas, silverfish, centipedes, millipedes, spiders,
mosquitoes and any other insects that fly or crawl.
- Rodent Control, including rats, mice, chipmunks, moles, voles,
- Bird Control, including Pigeons and Geese
- Weed Control
- Mortgage Inspections for wood destroying insects, including
guaranteed written reports
- State Approved IPM Programs specifically designed for schools
and child-care facilities
- Structural Pest Exclusion Services
- Farm and Business Fly Control, including fruit flies, house
flies, cluster flies, stable flies
- Pest Elimination Programs designed to rapidly eliminate existing
insect populations in restaurants and other facilities and keep
- Commercial Inspection and Consulting Services, including sanitation,
building design, maintenance programs, cleaning programs, quality
- Vapor Cleaning Services designed to unclog drains, eliminate
grease and organic build-up, eliminate fruit flies and reduce
- Bioremedial Products that help clean and remove grease and
organic build-up, replacing currently used cleaning products
- Odor Control Products and Services
Leaf is large enough to be able to effectively solve any pest problem.
Yet it is small enough to be able to respond quickly and maintain
a personal concern for your family’s safety or business success.
Why is Leaf Pest Control the best choice?
We hire nice people who work hard, then we train them well. Before we hire an employee they are carefully screened and must meet stringent requirements, including:
- Extensive reference and character checks.
- Drug and alcohol testing.
- Driving record and criminal checks.
- Multiple interviews with senior management.
- Undergo a 90 day evaluation period during which they are evaluated
by senior technicians and management for aptitude, safety on-the-job,
driving skills, personality, ability to follow directions and
learn essential skills, people skills, personal appearance, communication
- Pass Leaf’s Training Course, including on-the-job training
and classroom training.
- Undergo Field training which is conducted one-on-one with a
qualified trainer and typically takes two weeks for the average
new hire to demonstrate the required pest management proficiency.
- “Check Rides” are made with each probationary employee
over the course of three months to insure consistency of safety
Leaf's Employees are thoroughly trained for their jobs...ongoing, every year!
Throughout an employee’s career each is required to participate
in formal classroom training. Leaf invests considerable time and
resources to train employees because we believe in safety first,
followed closely by results: we take our job seriously. This
makes Leaf an industry leader and insures that you receive service
from a thoroughly trained, professional technician providing safe,
quality service. After all, when it comes to the safety of your
family or customers, what is more important?
- State recognized training program.
- Formal classroom training with a state certified trainer.
- Training includes all technicians, all managers and all sales
- 20 hours of formal training each year, designed to improve
or challenge technical skills and knowledge concerning safety;
entomology of pests, including pest identification, biology, habits
and control techniques; improved methodology and new material
or equipment; customer service; and Leaf’s service guidelines
and policies and procedures.
- Additional training through attendance at a variety of industry
workshops provided by various organizations including the Pennsylvania
Pest Management Association, National Pest Management Association,
Penn State, Ohio State, Purdue University and others.
- Consists of structured learning and participation and includes
lectures, demonstrations, videotapes/cd’s/dvd’s, workbooks,
PowerPoint presentations, computer modules and manuals.
- All employees are required to demonstrate learned skills and
knowledge through testing at the end of each training session.
Each employee is tested using approximately 400 total questions
over the year.
- Throughout the training process, emphasis is placed on Integrated
Pest Management principles and absolute safety.